You heard me...I have a crush..ON A GIRL! More like lots of admiration, respect, envy, etc. To top it off, she is just so sweet and humble that I think she deserves everything I think she has...it all.
She teaches a conditioning class at my gym (that I plan my life around), but works full-time in marketing for the Gap. My fancy-schmancy gym membership is my only real splurge, besides monthly garage parking fees. So my favorite group exercise instructor has a Kellogg MBA. If you hate her already, wait until you learn that she just had a baby a few months ago, and she was instructing until a few days before she gave birth, and took less than two weeks to come back to teach her class with a fabulous body. At all times, she has lifted more than me, done more push-ups, etc. even while nine months pregnant...not that she ever looked nine months pregnant..
So I found out that she works for the Gap through some recon on the internet, and forgot that it wasn't in her bio at the gym. I mention to her that I can see the kids in the gap's daycare running around at recess from my office next door. "Oh and that's where my little guy will be.." But I can see the wheels turning in her head...how did she know? Will she be watching my kid? Oops. I lay off making conversation for awhile.
But she is so caring and doesn't stay away from me. She remembered my sprained ankle and when I started to do lunges again, she made it a point to check on me after class and ask about my healing progress. She is so sweet and encouraging. I joke about how it's taking longer to heal than when I sprained my ankle in college. She laughs that she probably has ten years on me and it only gets worse. (It's not quite ten years, we all know I looked her up.) So I reply something about her being my hero..it made sense and possibly seemed appropriate at the time. She looks a little caught off guard and starts stammering "you're so sweet...actually that scares me...that's when you know you have problems if I am your hero."
I'm trying to make it a point to be friendly in a non-instructor-student way when she makes conversation. Tell her I hope she has a good week, ask her how she is...I'm trying to score a lunch date! But she always brings it back to complementing me or asking about my ankle.
She's the type you want to hate but can't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment