I was drying my hair in the locker room, and an older lady came up to me, "you live in Four Seasons?" (the gym is part of the Four Seasons Hotel and Residences and people who live there get some kind of discount). I smiled and said no. She said "Oh, you look just like my neighbor."
I smiled and turned back on the blow dryer. But she wasn't convinced yet.
"her husband works for Yahoo.."
I'm trying not to act annoyed that I had to turn off the dryer again. I said, "oh..that's quite a commute" out loud and, "still not me, Lady. Can you finish your cross examination when we both have clothes on?" in my head.
her: They're only here on weekends.
me: I don't have a husband or a weekend home. (I said it politely somehow.)
her: well, now you know what is in the plans.
How sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment