
My boss called tonight and left me a five minute message, "I know it's late, so PLEASE DO NOT call me back, but I had to tell you..." that everyone is arguing over how to evaluate results from last year. But that no matter what anyone suggests, I always come out number one!
Most people judge me for my career choice. You know who you are. And, you should know that I am judging you right back!!! People who really love me, besides my parents, are happy because I am happy. I have kissed so many career frogs, and this is the only job that encompasses a role that I am simultaneously good at and enjoy. I set my own hours and basically run my own business with very few rules, and I get results that get recognized. I spend most of my workday with people who are sweet, intelligent, and funny. What else could I want? More money and less time to enjoy life? More prestige?
Just because people who have known me since I was a child think I could do almost anything, I should? I am convinced that most of my achievements in life are due to some natural ability with numbers. I took the LSAT on a whim because I thought the games would be fun, and they were! My perfect score on the games brought my mediocre scores in the other areas up enough for it to make sense for me to go to law school. I don't regret it.
Still think I should practice patent law? Read some highlights from my performance review:
She has strong customer relationships, limitless energy, strong credibility and the creativity required to be at the top. Amy is a role-model for delivery of results and passion for winning. She clearly considers success a critical part of her employment and achieves to always deliver. Her positive attitude and unwillingness to be derailed by non-essential events makes her amazingly coachable and a wonderful employee to have on a team. She has shown amazing progress in terms of valuing people since 2007 saw a new focus on sharing and helping colleagues in a way calculated to assist and encourage them to meet the same top results she traditionally has.
Amy has an enormous amount to offer. I hope she can work closely with her manager to discover ways in which she can develop more opportunities to share ideas and processes for implementing common programs in her unique results oriented, no-nonsense way. I'd like to see her move beyond her own region and territory to achieve a place of prominence and credibility at the national level.
Most people judge me for my career choice. You know who you are. And, you should know that I am judging you right back!!! People who really love me, besides my parents, are happy because I am happy. I have kissed so many career frogs, and this is the only job that encompasses a role that I am simultaneously good at and enjoy. I set my own hours and basically run my own business with very few rules, and I get results that get recognized. I spend most of my workday with people who are sweet, intelligent, and funny. What else could I want? More money and less time to enjoy life? More prestige?
Just because people who have known me since I was a child think I could do almost anything, I should? I am convinced that most of my achievements in life are due to some natural ability with numbers. I took the LSAT on a whim because I thought the games would be fun, and they were! My perfect score on the games brought my mediocre scores in the other areas up enough for it to make sense for me to go to law school. I don't regret it.
Still think I should practice patent law? Read some highlights from my performance review:
She has strong customer relationships, limitless energy, strong credibility and the creativity required to be at the top. Amy is a role-model for delivery of results and passion for winning. She clearly considers success a critical part of her employment and achieves to always deliver. Her positive attitude and unwillingness to be derailed by non-essential events makes her amazingly coachable and a wonderful employee to have on a team. She has shown amazing progress in terms of valuing people since 2007 saw a new focus on sharing and helping colleagues in a way calculated to assist and encourage them to meet the same top results she traditionally has.
Amy has an enormous amount to offer. I hope she can work closely with her manager to discover ways in which she can develop more opportunities to share ideas and processes for implementing common programs in her unique results oriented, no-nonsense way. I'd like to see her move beyond her own region and territory to achieve a place of prominence and credibility at the national level.
***Now there is no reason appear three inches taller and I am starting to replace all my shoes. Look how adorable my new flats are! My career choice is a win-win! But why do they make pants so long?? It's a conspiracy!***
3 comments:
Way to go, Amy!
Congrats, sounds like you're doing great with Lexis. And yes, probably a lot of our colleagues define success by paycheck and prestige. We're both lucky to have jobs we enjoy and are good at with good hours. If it doesn't meet someone else's definition of the ideal legal job, well, I guess that's their problem.
Your blog is well-written, by the way. I tried one a few years ago and it turns out, I'm not that introspective...
I have always been proud of your decision. Since the last time I saw you, I have just gushed everytime I retell our friends here how well you are doing. Be happy!
Post a Comment